Mailing List Archive

Problem migrating Domains
Hello,

I've searched all previous mails but didn't find a solution for my problem.
I have two physical machines running Debian Sarge, each of them running
3 Virtual Domains (with Debian Sarge). That works fine.

When trying to migrate one Virtual Machine to the other hosts it seems
to work. The VHost von the Source-Computer disappears and a new VHost on
the Target-Computer is beeing created.

However, the DomainName changes (vm1 on the Source-Computer becomes
Domain-x on the Target-Computer) and I cannot access the newly created
Domain. There ist no Console Port and when trying to "xm console
Domain-xx" there appears this error message:

"Error: No console information"

The Disk and Swap Image of the Domain, that shall be migrated is located
on an nfs-share, which ist mounted on /mnt/xen/ on both machines.

These are the important part of the configuration:

disk = [
'file:/mnt/xen/vm1_mindy_filer3/disk,sda1,w','file:/mnt/xen/vm1_mindy_filer3/swap,sda2,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

Did anybody ever have this kind of problem?

Thanks for your help!