specific DomU).

Thanks,
David
RE: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
> How do I monitor total CPU usage of all domains? (Ie,
> outside of a specific DomU).

Do you mean 'xm list'?

Ian

RE: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
While xm list would sort of work, I was hoping for something more like
top.

Thanks,
David

> How do I monitor total CPU usage of all domains? (Ie, outside of a
> specific DomU).

Do you mean 'xm list'?

Ian

Re: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
David,
Check with an earlier post at http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-06/msg00139.html.
A perl script is provided to output all domains' cpu usage periodically. However, sometimes the
output values are not very accurate, for example, the total cpu usage (adding all domains' up) goes
beyond 100%.
Xuehai

Re: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
I've not gotten this to work with xen-2.0.6 (wasn't trying hard
enough), but you might want to check out Anthony Liguori's VM-Tools
<http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vm-tools/>.

- gino ledesma

AW: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
I have tried the perl Script on a standard Installation, however i got this error :

./cpu.pl
syntax error at ./cpu.pl line 16, near "secs

my "
Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 16.
Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 25.
Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 26.
Execution of ./cpu.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
xen-ha02:~# perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
Strict is installed -> /usr/share/perl/5.8.4/strict.pm

Is there anything im missing ?

thanks

A perl script is provided to output all domains' cpu usage periodically. However, sometimes the
output values are not very accurate, for example, the total cpu usage (adding all domains' up) goes
beyond 100%.
Xuehai

David_Wolinsky@Dell.com wrote:
> While xm list would sort of work, I was hoping for something more like
> top.
>
> Thanks,
> David

!DSPAM:42d6772c194492331583907!

Re: AW: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
The reason is, the comment part of line 16 (see below) is too long and it
gets truncated to a new line when you copy and paste.

"$uptime =~ s/ .*$//g; # trim from first space, should leave us uptime in
secs"

So, you just need to move "secs" at the end of the 1st line.

Xuehai

AW: AW: CPU monitoring [ In reply to ]
Thanks very much :)

The reason is, the comment part of line 16 (see below) is too long and it
gets truncated to a new line when you copy and paste.

"$uptime =~ s/ .*$//g; # trim from first space, should leave us uptime in
secs"

So, you just need to move "secs" at the end of the 1st line.

Xuehai

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Christian Keil wrote:

> I have tried the perl Script on a standard Installation, however i got this error :
>
> ./cpu.pl
> syntax error at ./cpu.pl line 16, near "secs
>
> my "
> Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 16.
> Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 25.
> Global symbol "$XM" requires explicit package name at ./cpu.pl line 26.
> Execution of ./cpu.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
> xen-ha02:~# perl -v
>
> This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
> Strict is installed -> /usr/share/perl/5.8.4/strict.pm
>

> Is there anything im missing ?
>

> thanks

!DSPAM:42d6cf6e203001893219685!