--
Dave Alden
OSU Department of Mathematics

Re: load balance w/multiple processors? [ In reply to ]
> I've got a couple of dual-core dual-processor Opteron boxes that I'm
> thinking about running xen on.

Waaaaa! Mathematicians have better machines than me. :-)

> From my testing so far, it looks to me
> that once a domain has been assigned to a particular processor, it will
> only use that processor, even if one of the other processors is idle.
> Is this correct? If so, is this something that is being worked on?

Yes. Xen 3.0 will allow multiprocessor guests. Also, a domain load balancer
is being worked on that'll automatically repin guests to other CPUs. I guess
that'll end up in 3.0 too...

In the meantime, the best you can do is to do a coarse grained manual "repin"
when your system load changes significantly.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: load balance w/multiple processors? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:22:32AM -0400, Dave Alden wrote:
> Is this correct? If so, is this something that is being worked on?

Yes, Yes, imho.