Mailing List Archive

Status of FreeBSD 5.4 as Guest
Who can I converse with about the status of FreeBSD 5.4 as a Guest OS

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 as Guest [ In reply to ]
I'm about to start working on bringing domU support into HEAD. Once
that is done I'll probably be able to pull it into 5.4-STABLE. Does
that work for you, or do you need it in 5.4-RELEASE?

-Kip

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 as Guest [ In reply to ]
Will FreeBSD 5.4 only prepared for unprivileged domains or also for
privileged?

Is there already existing any FreeBSD/xen install documentation (howto)?

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 as Guest [ In reply to ]
It is only domU right now. Once it goes into FreeBSD CVS there will
probably be more interest in dom0 support.

The only documentation is the bits I posted to the list a while back.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put that on the wiki.
-Kip

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 as Guest [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 07:51:00PM -0700, Kip Macy wrote:
> It is only domU right now. Once it goes into FreeBSD CVS there will
> probably be more interest in dom0 support.
>
> The only documentation is the bits I posted to the list a while back.
> I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put that on the wiki.

That would be great. I'm just setting up a new amd64 Box
and try to figure out, with combination of dom0/domU
can work for me.
Can anybody report some experiences with Ubuntu_amd64 for
dom0, any well known problems?

--
Regards Frank

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 or 6.0 as Guest [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:32:05PM +0000, Scott Kamp wrote:
> Is FreeBSD 6.0 CURRENT capable of being a domU client yet ???

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/summerofcode.html

[...]
Integrate Xen Support: Support for the Xen virtual machine monitor is coming into FreeBSD -CURRENT, so the installer could be updated to make it possible to setup a Xen system with several FreeBSD nodes, etc.

-> maybe.

--
Gruss Frank

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 or 6.0 as Guest [ In reply to ]
No. It only builds on xen 3.0 as of last night. I'll probably be able
to check it in next weekend provided the c99 problems in xen are
fixed.

-Kip

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 or 6.0 as Guest [ In reply to ]

Re: Status of FreeBSD 5.4 or 6.0 as Guest [ In reply to ]
so I would guess that currently means "NO"