Martin

--
gerardi@spirito.de

RE: exit xm console [ In reply to ]
> Is there a way to exit the xm console without CTRL -] ?
>
> I am using putty to connect to a remote computer and can not
> figure how to send CTRL -], wo I have to kill the Process to stop the
> console.

Hi Martin.

I was a bit lost there as well, since I have a Danish keyboard. Guess you have a similar issue since you are located in Germany. Look to the right on your keyboard and try Ctrl-<various keys>. I found that using Ctrl-^ (the key right next to my "Å") works for me (and yes, that is through putty as well). Your corresponding key should be right next to U umlaut and have an asterix, a plus and a tilde ?

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark

Re: exit xm console [ In reply to ]
JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) wrote:

>>Is there a way to exit the xm console without CTRL -] ?
>>
>>I am using putty to connect to a remote computer and can not
>>figure how to send CTRL -], wo I have to kill the Process to stop the
>>console.
>>

>Hi Martin.
>
>I was a bit lost there as well, since I have a Danish keyboard. Guess you have a similar issue since you are located in Germany. Look to the right on your keyboard and try Ctrl-<various keys>. I found that using Ctrl-^ (the key right next to my "Å") works for me (and yes, that is through putty as well). Your corresponding key should be right next to U umlaut and have an asterix, a plus and a tilde ?
>
>Cheers
>-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark

Thank you for your information, but the problem is the CRTL key. I kann
exit a console wenn I am doing it local it works,
but remote I cann not send the CRTL key.

Martin

--

Spirito GmbH
Grünstrasse 6
RE: exit xm console [ In reply to ]
> Thank you for your information, but the problem is the CRTL
> key. I kann
> exit a console wenn I am doing it local it works,
> but remote I cann not send the CRTL key.

Ooops. Does the CTRL key work when you are doing normal stuff on the Xen
host ? That is: logged into dom0 through putty ?

I recall having trouble sending e.g. Ctrl-C when I was in a Xen console.
Don't know if that still applies to my setup. Will check tomorrow.

Cheers
-- Jan

RE: exit xm console [ In reply to ]
> > Thank you for your information, but the problem is the CRTL
> > key. I kann
> > exit a console wenn I am doing it local it works,
> > but remote I cann not send the CRTL key.
>
> Ooops. Does the CTRL key work when you are doing normal stuff
> on the Xen
> host ? That is: logged into dom0 through putty ?
>
> I recall having trouble sending e.g. Ctrl-C when I was in a
> Xen console.
> Don't know if that still applies to my setup. Will check tomorrow.

Hmmm... works fine for me now, running Xen 2.0.6. I had trouble using
Ctrl-C in Xen consoles 2.0.5, but that seems to be gone now.

-- Jan