Mailing List Archive

Documentation files
Hi all,

congratulations on the 2.0 release. Excellent!

Was going to run off the latest rendition of the documentation when I spotted
two versions (or so it appears) of user.pdf, xend.pdf and interface.pdf
in /docs and /docs/pdf. Different sizes, dates, etc.

Should these be here?

Regards,
Paul

--
Paul Dorman
Systems Administrator

The information contained in this mail message is confidential and may also
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please note
that any use, dissemination, further distribution, or reproduction of this
message in any form whatsoever, is strictly prohibited. If the mail is in
error, please notify me by return email, delete your copy of the message,
and accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

RE: Documentation files [ In reply to ]
> Was going to run off the latest rendition of the
> documentation when I spotted two versions (or so it appears)
> of user.pdf, xend.pdf and interface.pdf in /docs and
> /docs/pdf. Different sizes, dates, etc.

We rearranged the layout of the docs directory a week or so ago to add a
bit more hierarchy. I suspect that ones your ./docs directory are the
result of an old build and will go away if you were to re-clone the
repository. 'make mrproper' in a current repository probably won't
delete them as it won't be expecting to find them there.

Ian

Re: Documentation files [ In reply to ]
Yeah, I had this and it really confused me! The files under docs/ are left
over from a previous build - if you rm them, they won't come back. The files
you're interested in are under docs/pdf.

Cheers,
Mark