(2) Is the ARM PV interfaces for IO same as X86?

Thanks

josh zhao
Re: About ARM branch questions [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Josh Zhao wrote:
> Hi, I have a new questions about the ARM-Xen. (1)   Following wiki in
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions,  are this repos latest?
>
>     Xen:  http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/xen-unstable.hg
>     Linux Dom0 and DomU: The arm-privcmd-for-3.8 branch of git://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/linux.git

Yes, they are.
However we have few outstanding patches, already sent to the list by me
or Ian, but still unapplied.

> (2)  Is the ARM PV interfaces for IO same as X86?

I guess you are referring to the Linux PV frontend and backend drivers?
Like netfront/netback and blkfront/blkback? If that is the case, then
yes, we are using exactly the same frontend/backend driver pairs as in
Xen x86.
Re: About ARM branch questions [ In reply to ]
Thanks Stabellini. I saw the slides of New PVH Virtualisation mode for ARM
Cortex A15 and x8<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2012/09/21/xensummit-sessions-new-pvh-virtualisation-mode-for-arm-cortex-a15arm-servers-and-x86/>,
but can't understand why no PVOPs and no shadow pagetables bacuase of
nasted paging in HW?

josh zhao

Re: About ARM branch questions [ In reply to ]
Yes, that is correct: thanks to nested paging in HW we don't need shadow
pagetables in the hypervisor or PVOPS in the Linux kernel.