Mailing List Archive

Openvswitch error on shutdown/destroy
I retried openvswitch on Wheezy 64 bit dom0 with xen 4.2.0-rc4 from source

vif script taken from here:
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/openvswitch-on-xen-4-x-td4662995.html

Network works on dom0 and domU hvm windows 7 but on shutdown/destroy
shows this error:

xl destroy W7
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridgeovs offline [4266] exited with error status 1
libxl: error: libxl_device.c:978:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script:
/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridgeovs failed; error detected.

Probably script need to be updated for xen 4.2 but I don't know exactly

Here my dom0 network configuration:
/etc/network/interfaces
---------------------------------
auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual
up ip link set up dev eth0
down ip link set down dev eth0

auto eth1
allow-hotplug eth1
iface eth1 inet manual
up ip link set up dev eth1
down ip link set down dev eth1

allow-ovs xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.30
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.200
ovs_type OVSBridge
ovs_ports bond0

allow-xenbr0 bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
ovs_bridge xenbr0
ovs_type OVSBond
ovs_bonds eth0 eth1
ovs_options bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active
ifup --allow=ovs xenbr0 for start network
Re: Openvswitch error on shutdown/destroy [ In reply to ]
Fabio Fantoni writes ("[Xen-devel] Openvswitch error on shutdown/destroy"):
> I retried openvswitch on Wheezy 64 bit dom0 with xen 4.2.0-rc4 from source
>
> vif script taken from here:
> http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/openvswitch-on-xen-4-x-td4662995.html
>
> Network works on dom0 and domU hvm windows 7 but on shutdown/destroy
> shows this error:
>
> xl destroy W7
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridgeovs offline [4266] exited with error status 1
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:978:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridgeovs failed; error detected.

Can you please look in the various logfiles to see if you can see the
error message from the script ? Hopefully that will make it clear
what's wrong. It may be that there is some accidental incompatibility
introduced in 4.2, so can you please let us know what you find.

Thanks,
Ian.