Mailing List Archive

Setting and responding to breakpoints?
Hi there,

Sorry I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list for this question - I already tried tools and didn't get any replies - please let me know if I should repost somewhere else. Anyways, I've been using some of the API's in libxc to look at memory of a guest, set single stepping, read registers, etc.... using the xc_* functions. This library is awesome.

I was wondering - Does anyone know of a way using libxc or some other api's to set and respond to hardware (not software!) breakpoints on a guest vm? If so are there any examples out there?

Note - I'm NOT talking about connecting to a guest with a gdb client - I want to do this programmatically.

Thanks!!!
-Bob