should load initrd or on build comes image to large.

Regards,
Stefan Kuhne
Re: dom0 kernel [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 09:11 +0100, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. What kernel version is the best to use for dom0 under debian?
> Now i see, that kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 panic under heavy network
> load.

Can you give us a pointer to your Debian bug report on this issue
please.

> What is the best - get kernel from official debian packages (may be in
> sid...) or compile from git and use?

Sid currently has 3.0 packages in it and experimental has 3.1-rc$late.
If you want a more recent 2.6.32.x then git is the only real option.

> If i need 2.6.x kernel (becouse some packages not ready to run under
> 3.x) where i can find current stable xen git tree?

Jeremy's tree is https://github.com/jsgf/linux-xen while kernel.org is
down. Konrad's temporary tree is git://oss.oracle.com/git/kwilk/xen.git.

Ian.

Re: dom0 kernel [ In reply to ]
2011/9/28 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@citrix.com>

> On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 09:11 +0100, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> > Hello. What kernel version is the best to use for dom0 under debian?
> > Now i see, that kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 panic under heavy network
> > load.
>
> Can you give us a pointer to your Debian bug report on this issue
> please.

I'm not assign bug report. Now i have only small screenshot from ip-kvm of
my server, that after some time dies..

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
Clodo.ru
Re: dom0 kernel [ In reply to ]
On 09/28/2011 01:21 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 09:11 +0100, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
>> Hello. What kernel version is the best to use for dom0 under debian?
>> Now i see, that kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 panic under heavy network
>> load.
> Can you give us a pointer to your Debian bug report on this issue
> please.
>
>> What is the best - get kernel from official debian packages (may be in
>> sid...) or compile from git and use?
> Sid currently has 3.0 packages in it and experimental has 3.1-rc$late.
> If you want a more recent 2.6.32.x then git is the only real option.
>
>> If i need 2.6.x kernel (becouse some packages not ready to run under
>> 3.x) where i can find current stable xen git tree?
> Jeremy's tree is https://github.com/jsgf/linux-xen

Only the "xen/next-2.6.32" branch. The other branches are
work-in-progress and are not necessarily stable, usable or anything else.