Mailing List Archive

[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-merge] xen subarch
On Monday 10 October 2005 16:15, Ian Pratt wrote:

> We need to revitalise the efforts to get the xen patch into a form that
> we'd be happy submitting to Andrew/Linus. I know everyone's very busy,
> but if we can have a 'big push' over the next couple weeks we might be
> able to get some useful stuff into 2.6.15.

2.6.15? That sounds very optimistic. In theory the merge window
is supposed to be two weeks after release. And I somehow doubt
all the generic reviewing can be done in that time. Later is probably
more realistic.

Since reviewing is probably the big bottleneck anyways I would suggest
to submit what you already have for review ASAP.

-Andi

[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-merge] xen subarch [ In reply to ]
Ian Pratt wrote:

> So, who's up for wading in and getting started with the cleanup? Who
> can help us keep the tree up todate with Linus'?

At the moment, I have spare cycles I can use to help; however, I am not
a part of the everybody that knows what to do as was mentioned on the
virtualization list a couple of weeks ago. I could definitely use some
guidance on what I can do to help.

John Byrne

Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-merge] xen subarch [ In reply to ]
On Oct 10, 2005, at 6:10 PM, Ian Pratt wrote:
> Sorry, the two trees are:
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg (latest stable)
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6-merge.hg (bleeding edge)

This is great news :) Even better it seems that you have caught up
with 2.6.14 recently.

There seems to be some inconsistency with the HG tree (I am no expert
here):
$ hg heads | grep changeset | wc -l
13
That seems a little big to me.

Anyway, what started this is that there is at least a few important
changesets in the repo that are not in the tip, I suppose all the
heads that still need merging?

Are you pulling from http://www.kernel.org/hg/linux-2.6/ or from git?

-JX
--
"I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even
began to know what I was talking about." -- Peter Griffin (Family