In xen arch/arm/gic.c always while setting an LR using gic_set_lr ,
the maintenance_int is enabled.

Can some one clear the doubt on why it is done
a) is this because EOI by guest would result in control back to
hypervisor to replenish the LR for inflight, as there is otherwise
no way to know in hypervisor that the LR is available.
or
b) some other reason ?

Re: [query] gic_set_lr always uses maintenance Interrupt [ In reply to ]
Hi Ian,

Can you please comment...

--
-mj

Re: [query] gic_set_lr always uses maintenance Interrupt [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 15:12 +0530, Mj Embd wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Can you please comment...

I think I commented on the version on xen-devel.

FYI xen-arm@ is for the discussion of the (mostly moribund) PV port of
Xen to ARM[0], discussion of the mainline port to ARM with virt
extensions[1] happens on xen-devel@. Yes, this is confusing.

Ian.

[0] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29
[1] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions