Mailing List Archive

[Proposal] Additional mailing lists for specific purposes
Hi,

in the last couple of weeks I realized that we don't have a proper
communication channels for various purposes. So I want to suggest the
following and get feedback, or if it's obvious do just vote.

1) A list for coordinating blog posts, other communication, attending of
event, etc. - not sure about the name, so am looking for suggestions. I
am not sure whether we should have public archives: comparable lists of
other projects don't.

Concretely, I think the type of stuff that would be discussed would be
non-developer related
a) Who wants to post which blog post when - there have been a lot of
1-2-1 discussions on this lately, in particular because the blog is
getting a more diverse group of owners.
b) Review each others posts, somebody needs help submitting a talk to an
event, review each others submissions to events, ...
c) Who is going to which event, is staying where when going to XYZ, ...

Debian has a /debian/-publicity@lists./debian/.org list (but that does
not quite fit). Maybe this is a general marketing list?

2) A semi-private invite mailing list for ALL project leads, committers
and maintainers of ALL projects hosted on xen.org

I wouldn't expect this list to be used often, as most communication
happens (and needs to happen) in public. But sometimes it is necessary
to have an official provite channel. Recent examples I had were related
to the Hackathon: I didn't know whether person X should be invited
(given limited space) and had no way to ask. Or there were other items
that are sometimes better first discussed amongst the leadership of all
the different projects together and we have no way today of discussing
these.

We may need a couple more, but let's just start with these two for now.

Ideas?

Best Regards
Lars
Re: [Xen-API] [Proposal] Additional mailing lists for specific purposes [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 06:52:09PM +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> 1) A list for coordinating blog posts, other communication,
> attending of event, etc. - not sure about the name, so am looking
> for suggestions. I am not sure whether we should have public
> archives: comparable lists of other projects don't.

From an outsider / lurker perspective, xen-marketing@lists.xen.org is a
good fit.

> 2) A semi-private invite mailing list for ALL project leads,
> committers and maintainers of ALL projects hosted on xen.org

Similarly to above: xen-private@lists.xen.org

Both of these list names are used in other projects I'm working with /
observe.