http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/FastModels

give information about the dom0 running on FME.

Though Xen-ARM is available for Cortex-A9 with KVM Virt extensions for
Tegra2Harmony,

Cortex-A8 is widely used, and I would like to know the status.

So, Kindly inform, so that, we could learn more about/from it.
--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Hi,
We've been working with Xen-ARM_pv for cortex-a8.
We've run two guest Linux.
Our H/W platform is with s5pc100 that uses cortex-a8 core.

Seehwan Yoo
Ph. D. candidate

T + 82-2-3290-3639
F + 82-2-922-6341
E shyoo@os.korea.ac.kr

Home Page | Blog | OSVirtual

OSLab. • Korea Univ. • Seoul • South Korea

2012. 5. 18., 오후 8:38, Krishna Pavan 작성:

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Is it?

Good & Great!

Have you been able to run two guests on FME or on the target!

Because, you need Virt_Extensions on for Cortex-A8, to run directly on
target right?

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Seehwan Yoo <seehwan.yoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We've been working with Xen-ARM_pv for cortex-a8.
> We've run two guest Linux.
> Our H/W platform is with s5pc100 that uses cortex-a8 core.
>

> * Seehwan Yoo *
> Ph. D. candidate
>
> T + 82-2-3290-3639
> F + 82-2-922-6341
> E shyoo@os.korea.ac.kr
> [image: logo] <https://sites.google.com/site/seehwanyoo/> Home Page<https://sites.google.com/site/seehwanyoo/> |
> Blog <http://seehwan80.blogspot.com/> | OSVirtual<https://sites.google.com/site/kuoslabosvirtual/home>
> OSLab. • Korea Univ. • Seoul • South Korea
>
> 2012. 5. 18., 오후 8:38, Krishna Pavan 작성:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please inform the status of Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 CPU's on FME from ARM.
>
> These links here
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions
> &
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/FastModels
>
> give information about the dom0 running on FME.
>
> Though Xen-ARM is available for Cortex-A9 with KVM Virt extensions for
> Tegra2Harmony,
>
> Cortex-A8 is widely used, and I would like to know the status.
>
> So, Kindly inform, so that, we could learn more about/from it.
> --
> ✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍

✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Oops,
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the question.
I'm not working with FME.

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
My branch is not based on virt_extension. :<
It's based on Ryu-Jaemin's branch, so it will only work with pv
(not virt_extension, although the processor supports virt_extension).

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Questions about the port of Xen to ARM with virt extensions are best
posted to xen-devel, the xen-arm list focuses on the PV port. Adding
xen-devel since it seems you are mainly asking about the
w/-virt-extensions port.

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 12:38 +0100, Krishna Pavan wrote:
> Please inform the status of Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 CPU's on FME from
> ARM.

AFAIK no one has tried the w/-virt-extensions port on this model. The
only ones which I know have been tried are Cortex-A15 model and AEM.

Cortex-A8 already exists so I would be surprised if it were to be
updated with virt extensions, do you have some reason to think that it
will be?

Cortex A15 and Cortex A7 are on our radar as upcoming processors which
will have the extensions. Cortex A8 is not.

> These links here
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions
> &
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/FastModels
>
> give information about the dom0 running on FME.
>
> Though Xen-ARM is available for Cortex-A9 with KVM Virt extensions for
> Tegra2Harmony,

I'm confused by the mention of both Xen-ARM and KVM in this sentence.
Also did you mean A8 or A9 here?

> Cortex-A8 is widely used, and I would like to know the status.

AFAIK these chips don't/won't support virtualisation extensions.

Ian.

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Sorry,

I am interested to learn a bit about Cortex-A8 only, where, I am aware of
the PV port.

I have just learn from Seehwan-Yoo, through Xen-ARM that he was successful
with PV port with dom 0 & dom U running successfully.

With last source code release is for run of Xen-ARM with dom 0 on FME, as
an enthusiast, I would like to ask the progress of Xen-ARM.

--
✉ Thanks & Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 14:14 +0100, Krishna Pavan wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> I am interested to learn a bit about Cortex-A8 only, where, I am aware
> of the PV port.

OK. The links you provided were all about the other port, which was
confusing.

Ian.

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
Hello,

My apologies for going into this conversation. :) My situation is that I
have a Tegra 250 Harmony Board (Cortex A-9) and I'd like to run Xen-ARM
on top of it. From what I read, this is possible, and although I have
read and followed several tutorials on how to compile it, I'm still
unable to achieve it. Could you point me to the appropiate tutorial or
forum post for my board? I'd be really grateful.

Best regards,

Josep Subirats

On 05/18/2012 03:17 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 14:14 +0100, Krishna Pavan wrote:
>> Sorry,
>>
>> I am interested to learn a bit about Cortex-A8 only, where, I am aware
>> of the PV port.
> OK. The links you provided were all about the other port, which was
> confusing.
>
> Ian.

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

Re: Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME] [ In reply to ]
First, run u-boot with your board.
Then, put your xen-bin and linux image in a DRAM
Finally, run xen-arm.

To do these,
you need to have a proper image (xen-arm, xen-linux), you need to be aware
of memory map, and you need to run u-boot with your board.

BTW. I've double checked the spec of cortex-a8. It does not support
virt_extension despite it is armv7-a.
So, all cortex-a8 rel. things are only available w/ pv branch.