Mailing List Archive

Is there a new document about how to install xen on arm?
Hi all,

Recently I'm trying to install xen on arm, I encounter some problems, I need
your help.

1. I downloaded the source code xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2
<http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2>
from page http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_%28PV%29.

when I complied it , It just generated a file named xen.gz. But according to
the document Secure_Xen_on_ARM_User_Guide_v1_1.pdf
<http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/Secure_Xen_on_ARM_User_Guide_v1_1.pdf>
, it should generate a file name xen-bin,

I don't know what difference between them.

I want to know whether there is a new document match the new source code.

2. I had to change to the old code. It works good and generate a file
named xen-bin. But when I try to deploy it to the target platform I met
another trouble.

I reboot my target and enter the prompt mode, then I use the command below:

tftp 0xc0008000 xen-bin

tftp 0xc1c00000 vmlinux.out0

go 0xc0008000

After that, I can't get any information from my target platform.My platform
is trim-slice, as we know it use U-boot as boot loader, could you give me
some advice about what I should do next?

Sorry for troubling you.

Best regards,

Liuhang Zhang
Re: Is there a new document about how to install xen on arm? [ In reply to ]
Hi Xen-ARM, zhangliuhang,

the source code
xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2<http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2>has
got some error, WRT, xen-syms, according to me, which has been fixed
by
jaeminryu, you should probably
clone his GIT Repo.

it should generate a file name xen-bin,
If you want xen-bin from that source code, Do a make in
<source_dir>/arch/arm

> I want to know whether there is a new document match the new source code…
>
> **

The Guide is for different source code and is for i.MX21 and not other
processor(s).

> **
>
> 2. I had to change to the old code. It works good and generate a
> file named xen-bin. But when I try to deploy it to the target platform I
> met another trouble.

Because, you have used a code which is designed for another board with
ARMv5 architecture.

> My platform is trim-slice, as we know it use U-boot as boot loader, could
> you give me some advice about what I should do next?

Check for a suitable code from this link
HERE---->JMRYU77_REPO<http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/jm77ryu/xen-unstable-arm.git;a=summary>
.

--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍