its not possible in XenServer.

Am I missing anything or vmware would be better ?
Anyone using pfsense with Xenserver ?
Re: XenMotion does not work without tools [ In reply to ]
There is a fake-guest-tools script to emulate those tools from outside VM.

Re: XenMotion does not work without tools [ In reply to ]
Hi All,

Thanks George, Got it working by doing below

dom=46
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MajorVersion "6"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MinorVersion "2"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MicroVersion "0"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/Installed "1"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/BuildVersion "70446"
xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/data/updated 1

These settings wont persists between reboots, anyone has idea to make them
persistent ?

Re: XenMotion does not work without tools [ In reply to ]
On 03/20/2014 04:04 PM, Rishi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks George, Got it working by doing below
>
> dom=46
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MajorVersion "6"
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MinorVersion "2"
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/MicroVersion "0"
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/Installed "1"
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/attr/PVAddons/BuildVersion "70446"
> xenstore-write /local/domain/$dom/data/updated 1
>

> These settings wont persists between reboots, anyone has idea to make
> them persistent ?

those settings is not persistent between reboots and even domain
migration. Due implementation there no way to make them persistent. But
I don't know why citrix is still keeping check in xenapi service.

In our system those settings are applied by special service before
domain migration and after domain boot.