displays the virtual machines IP address.

Thanks,

Joe
Virtual Machine IP Address [ In reply to ]
Good Morning,

Does anyone know how to retrieve the IP address of a Virtual machine
using the Java binding API? I tried to locate it using the VM.Record

and VIF.Record objecs without success. The XenCenter (Network tab)
displays the IP address when selecting the virtual machine from

the resource frame.

Thanks,

Joe
Re: Virtual Machine IP Address [ In reply to ]
Hi Joe I have not used the Java bindings per se but the api will be
similiar, I think if do you something like this: {psuedocode to
follow}
$guestRef = VM.get_guest_metrics($xenRef);
$netMet = VM_guest_metrics.get_networks($guestRef);

$netMet should have an entry for ["0/ip"] which would be your ip address.

Hope that helps.
-Rog

RE: Virtual Machine IP Address [ In reply to ]
Thanks. That's what I needed. Does get_networks return all the Virtual
machine IP addresses? e.g "0/ip", "1/ip", "2/ip".

Thanks again,

Re: Virtual Machine IP Address [ In reply to ]
I have not tried a vm with multiple ips, but I would think it does.
-Rog

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Caruso, Joseph