create a domU via XML RPC. What I do not understand
though, is how I could attach VBDs to my domU.

Using lvcreate to create a VBD on my physical disk works
like a charm, but VBD.get_all will not list that VBD.

If possible, I would, of course, prefer to create the VBD via
the API in the first place.

As always, thanks for any help you guys can give me :)
Richard
Re: More specific questions about creating a domU via the API [ In reply to ]
Xend doesn't manage the storage yet, I'm afraid, so it has to be done
manually.

Once you have created you LVM partition, you need to create (via the
API) a VDI (virtual disk image) to represent it. Do this with
VDI.create(...), an example of the params is in the xenapi_create.py
file in xm/.

Once you have a VDI, you must create a VBD to attach it to a VM. You
VBD.create to do this, again examples in the xenapi_create.py file.

Then, it should work!

Cheers

Tom