After reading through the archives, I fear there is no
answer to my question (yet), but here goes, anyway :)

Is there a way to limit the access of a user and thus his
sessions to a single or a set of domUs? This user would
ideally be able to start, stop, reboot and get a console,
nothing else.

Best regards,
Richard
Re: Access rights to domU [ In reply to ]
Hi Richard

I'm afraid not. At the moment we just have users who can do everything.

Sorry

Tom

Re: Access rights to domU [ In reply to ]
Hi Tom,

is there any ETA on resolving this?
Also, is there a replacement for PAM planned? As that other guy
on the list pointed out, the login module is not only not useful, it is
actually harmful (unless you could give them /bin/false as shell, but
in this case, the PAM module will deny the request. Thus, back to
square one).

Richard :)
Re: Access rights to domU [ In reply to ]
No not really. When we asked for comments nobody said they'd like
this feature, so we didn't plan for it. If you want to propose some
changes (and dare I say do an implementation?) then I'm sure it would
be welcome.

As far as I'm aware, PAM is pluggable, so you could quite easily swap
out the login module for a db module, say. This should get around
your concerns.

Tom

Re: Access rights to domU [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 03:33:29PM +0100, Tom Wilkie wrote:

> No not really. When we asked for comments nobody said they'd like
> this feature, so we didn't plan for it. If you want to propose some
> changes (and dare I say do an implementation?) then I'm sure it would
> be welcome.

Hmm, I'm not sure where the disconnect happened here. We (Sun) are extremely
interested in fine-grained access control, delegation etc. and hope to be
looking at this in the near future...

> As far as I'm aware, PAM is pluggable, so you could quite easily swap
> out the login module for a db module, say. This should get around
> your concerns.

As well as getting this situation resolved hopefully.

regards
john