At this moment, I have a Xen Server shipped with Suse system.
I have build Virtual machines from Suse GUI and Xen commands.

Now, I want to try the test example of Xen API C bindings,
Can any tell me how to build the Xen server , e.g. http://localhost:8005/RPC2
where can I find documents about this?

Thanks,
Karl.

---------------------------------
Re: using Xen API C bindings [ In reply to ]
Karl Wang wrote:
> Dear all:
> I 'm new to Xen and Xen API.
> At this moment, I have a Xen Server shipped with Suse system.
> I have build Virtual machines from Suse GUI and Xen commands.

Currently none of the SuSE distros contain the new Xen API. Xen 3.0.4
will be the first Xen release containing the new API - and it will be
preview status only in this release.

You will need to be on xen-unstable or the newly created xen-3.0.4-testing.

Regards,
Jim

Re: using Xen API C bindings [ In reply to ]
Thanks,
Yes, I have download & compiled the Xen API C binding.
I want to test the the example in the binding,
I guess that I need a Xen server something like http://localhost:8005/RPC2
How can I do this?

Karl

---------------------------------
Re: using Xen API C bindings [ In reply to ]
sorry for last question.
I made a mistake, in the configuration file, the Xen http server is commenced
Now, I changed the configuration, it is ok for the server.

I run the build Xen API C binding and run the test as follows:

./test/test_bindings xxxxxx:8005/RPC2 root xxxxx,

I got the results :

:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
Not found: RPC2
^
Error: 2SERVER_FAULT Couldn't parse the server response

what I missed in the configuration ?

Thanks,
karl

---------------------------------
Re: using Xen API C bindings [ In reply to ]
Karl Wang wrote:
> sorry for last question.
> I made a mistake, in the configuration file, the Xen http server is
> commenced
> Now, I changed the configuration, it is ok for the server.
>
> I run the build Xen API C binding and run the test as follows:
>

> ./test/test_bindings xxxxxx:8005/RPC2 root xxxxx,
>
> I got the results :
>
> :1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
> Not found: RPC2
> ^
> Error: 2SERVER_FAULT Couldn't parse the server response
>
> what I missed in the configuration ?

You need the backend support for the new Xen API. As mentioned before,
this can only be found in xen-3.0.4-testing and xen-unstable. If
running one of these flavors of xen, you can use the test program found
in the bindings by enabling the tcp xmlrpc listener in
/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, e.g.

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes)

Regards,
Jim