Mailing List Archive

Error message with bouncing e-mail address
> Could not connect to DB on 130.94.122.197
>
> Host 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
>
> If this error persists after reloading and clearing your browser cache, please notify the Wikipedia developers.

I'm sure you're all aware that Wikipedia is currently down and output
this error message, but I would like to point out that the e-mail
address linked to is "wikidown@bomis.com". Now, I haven't tried this
e-mail address just now, but I did last month, and it bounced back then,
and I asked for this error message to be changed to contain a valid
e-mail address, but it's the same one, so I guess I have reason to
believe it is still bouncing.

Can someone change this e-mail address to one that works? Or is there a
particular reason it needs to be one that bounces (give the user the
impression we're listening, but don't receive heaps of complaints during
each and every outage? ;-) )?

Greetings,
Timwi
Re: Error message with bouncing e-mail address [ In reply to ]
Maybe the smoking gun /kuro5hin article may brought
too many surfers to the beach? -- Are overall page
requests spiking or not? Im getting the message --
but also intermittent access as well.

-S-

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
Re: Error message with bouncing e-mail address [ In reply to ]
I can't say that I know why it bounced last month, but the address
should be working correctly...

I'm CC'ing this message there as well, just to test.

Jason

"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
Error message with bouncing e-mail address [ In reply to ]
Timwi wrote:
>I'm sure you're all aware that Wikipedia is currently down..

I have been able to browse de, es, fr and others all day. I know this because
the /English/ version of Wikipedia is down and I checked the others to see if
they were having problems too.

The English Wikipedia may be the largest but it isn't the only version of
Wikipedia.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)