Mailing List Archive

Parsoid Read Views is enabled for DiscussionTools in Wikitech
Hello everyone,

I am glad to inform you that as part of our initial experimentations with
Parsoid Read Views, Parsoid is turned on as the default read views renderer
in Wikitech for DiscussionTools. Here's the rationale
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Parser_Unification/Confidence_Framework/Reports#Deployment_Readiness_for_Wikitech_DiscussionTools>
behind our confidence to roll-out this experimental feature and collect
feedback.

This is an opportunity to experiment the changes confidently before we
start rolling out more wikis.

If this disrupts your workflow, don’t worry you can still opt out through a
user preference or turn Parsoid off on the page you’re navigating in
the Tools submenu.

To report bugs and issues, please look at our known issues
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Parser_Unification/Known_Issues>
documentation
and if you found a new bug please create a phab ticket and tag the Content
Transform Team in Phabricator
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/5846> or send us a message
in our slack channel #content-transform-team.

More relevant info about our roll-out strategy can be found on this wiki
page
<https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Parser_Unification/Confidence_Framework>
.

Best regards,