What happened?

Kind regards,
Doc Taxon ...
Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
I just tested <gallery>File:Example.svg</gallery> and it looks
transparent to me. Can you link to a page where we can see the problem?

--
Bartosz Dziewo?ski
Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
Thank you,

an example:

On this page ( https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Wappen )
there are many galleries with PNG and SVG having transparent backgrounds,
but are shown with white background now since about eight hours. Before
these 8 hours all was transparent what has to be transparent.

There are many small icons within the texts on the page with the same
effect.

But:
I tried to change the background-color of one section and noticed a problem
with a Dark Reader. So it's definitely not a MediaWiki bug.

Sorry for wasting your time, I apologize.

Kind regards
Martin ...

Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
Hello,
I just saw this thread, and immediately I wanted to ask if you are using
DarkReader.

Yeah, it's making the issue. I made a PR on their GitHub which reverts
the commit that made this bug happen.
https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader/pull/11906

I'm really hoping that it'll be approved and merged soon.

Best regards,
Zoran

???, 17. ??? 2023. ? 01:37 Martin Domdey <dr.taxon@gmail.com> ?? ???????/??:

Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
Thank you Zoran,

but let's jump to Commons (and to Wikidata) please, to
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons_talk:WikiProject_Heraldry_and_vexillology&oldid=766733166

Why is there a transparent background in galleries WITH DarkReader and in
all the other Wikipedia projects, like dewiki, frwiki, enwiki a white
background? Are there MediaWiki code differences?

Kind regards
Martin

Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
On 2023-11-17 09:57, Martin Domdey wrote:

> but let's jump to Commons (and to Wikidata) please, to
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons_talk:WikiProject_Heraldry_and_vexillology&oldid=766733166 <https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons_talk:WikiProject_Heraldry_and_vexillology&oldid=766733166>
>
> Why is there a transparent background in galleries WITH DarkReader and
> in all the other Wikipedia projects, like dewiki, frwiki, enwiki a white
> background? Are there MediaWiki code differences?

No – it looks like the DarkReader change (in the pull request Zoran
linked) only applies to sites in the wikipedia.org domain.

--
Bartosz Dziewo?ski
Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
Yes, that's the case. My (revert) PR is merged before a few minutes.
I tested it again, and everything is back to normal. :)

Finally!

Best regards,
Zoran

???, 17. ??? 2023. ? 21:09 Bartosz Dziewo?ski <matma.rex@gmail.com> ??

Re: SVG and PNG in dewiki and enwiki not transparent any more [ In reply to ]
Thank you for all your help!