Mailing List Archive

Codex now available on Toolforge CDNjs
Hi all,

Tool developers may be interested to know that Codex [1], the design
system for Wikimedia, is now available on the Toolforge CDNjs Mirror [2]
(and on upstream CDNjs [3], but you should prefer the Toolforge mirror
:P). This means you can relatively easily use the Codex components,
icons, and/or design tokens in your tools if you want, just like e.g.
Bootstrap. See [4] for an example in one of my tools. (The most
important technical bits are the importmap, import statements, createApp
call, and `components: codex` and `...codexIcons`, if you want to search
for those parts in particular.)

The Codex maintainers would probably like me to remind you that Codex
has not reached version 1.0 yet ;) I gather that it’s coming up (and
not, like, years away), but until then you should probably be ready for
breaking changes to happen. Once version 1.0 is out, CDNjs and the
Toolforge mirror should pick it up automatically, but you’ll need to
adjust the URLs in your tools like for any version upgrade (since the
version number is part of the URL – CDNjs doesn’t offer auto-updating
“latest” URLs).

The Phabricator task for Codex being available on CDNjs is T338834 [5];
if you experience any issues, you can bring them up there.

Enjoy!
Lucas

[1]: https://doc.wikimedia.org/codex/latest/
[2]: https://cdnjs.toolforge.org/