Mailing List Archive

New flamegraphs selector (now with two year range!)
== *What* ==

Flamegraphs provide insight to where and how your MediaWiki component or extension spends its time. We instrument real web requests on the MediaWiki app servers at WMF (using php-excimer, a low-overhead sampling profiler) and continually publish interactive SVG visuals by entrypoint (e.g. index.php, JobQueue, ResourceLoader load.php, or rest.php API). [1] [2]

Read more about the Arc Lamp pipeline, introduced by Ori during the 2014 HHVM migration [3], through our blog post:
https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/03/03/profiling-php-in-production-at-scale/

== *What's New* ==

The user interface at https://performance.wikimedia.org/php-profiling/ has undergone major changes.