Mailing List Archive

Status of Wikimedia Google Season of Docs 2021
Hi everyone,

Over the past two years, Wikimedia technology has participated in the Google
Season of the Docs <https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs> program
(GSoD), which pairs technical writers with open source organizations to
improve documentation. During our participation with the program, we have
worked with talented and professional technical writers who have made valuable
contributions <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs/Past_projects>
to technical documentation.

Due to some programmatic changes with GSoD, we have decided not to
participate this year. During this pause, we plan to look critically at the
goals we have around technical documentation outreach and how we can best
measure and demonstrate the impact and success of this outreach.

For ongoing outreach opportunities, we encourage you to continue to explore
other Wikimedia outreach programs
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_programs>.

Kindly,
Sarah R. Rodlund and Alexandra Paskulin