software used to check for edit conflicts also wenn hitting on "preview".

Was this a necessairy change, or is it just a bug?

Kurt
Re: edit conflicts in preview mode [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 06:12, Kurt Jansson wrote:
> I didn't have any edit conflicts in preview mode in the last months. I
> only get them after hitting the save button. But I'm quite sure the
> software used to check for edit conflicts also wenn hitting on "preview".
>
> Was this a necessairy change, or is it just a bug?

I don't think it ever did that....?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: edit conflicts in preview mode [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber schrieb:
> On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 06:12, Kurt Jansson wrote:
>
>>I didn't have any edit conflicts in preview mode in the last months. I
>>only get them after hitting the save button. But I'm quite sure the
>>software used to check for edit conflicts also wenn hitting on "preview".
>>
>>Was this a necessairy change, or is it just a bug?
>
> I don't think it ever did that....?

Okay, my memory might be playing tricks on me again, then.

Kurt
Re: edit conflicts in preview mode [ In reply to ]
Kurt Jansson wrote:
> Brion Vibber schrieb:
>
>> On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 06:12, Kurt Jansson wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't have any edit conflicts in preview mode in the last months.
>>> I only get them after hitting the save button. But I'm quite sure the
>>> software used to check for edit conflicts also wenn hitting on
>>> "preview".
>>>
>>> Was this a necessairy change, or is it just a bug?
>> I don't think it ever did that....?
> Okay, my memory might be playing tricks on me again, then.

From http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ATechnical_FAQ:

What happens if two or more people are editing the same page?
[...] The wiki will also check for a conflict if you are editing and do a
preview of the edit.[...]

If the editor once tested this what he wrote, it should have worked. As far
as I understood it properly. Ok, nothing easier as ajusting the FAQ ;)

--
Smurf
And what would humans be without love? -- RARE! (T.P.)