From: daniwo59@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:49:55 EDT
To: wikiEN-l@wikipedia.org
Subject: [WikiEN-l] request for tech help

I am getting the "you are blocked" message again. Let me clarify. I am not
Michael. This is frustrating.

Danny

----- End forwarded message -----
Re: [daniwo59@aol.com: [WikiEN-l] request for tech help] [ In reply to ]
>Since this happens often, and since Danny is good, I would support
>hardcoding (if necessary) for Danny's special case.

>Or, is Danny a sysop? If not, why not? Can't sysops edit even under
>an ip ban? If not, they should be able to, if for no other reason
>than self-defense even if some bad person gains access to a sysop
>account and tries banning other sysops.

Danny is indeed a sysop (on [[en:]] at least).
For purposes of self defense, note that banned sysops can still unban people.
(This assumes that the ban is only by IP address, however.)

-- Toby