Mailing List Archive

Rollback fix (and counters)
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
Brion-
> Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
> bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
> Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
> last-user-name check to the rollback link. If when the rollback is
> activated, the last editor on that page is someone other than it was
> when the link was generated, it will throw an error message instead of
> blindly reverting -- usually putting the vandalism back on top. :)

Thanks, Brion -- I had this in my todo list but put it on hold after the
freeze. Seems to work fine on test.wiki. I have updated the error messages
somewhat -- please take a look. Also, the "edit comment was .." message is
no longer shown when there was no edit comment.

Regards,
Erik
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
> Brion Vibber schrieb:
>> Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
>> bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
>> Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
>> last-user-name check to the rollback link.

> Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
> been edited?

You mean a warning if a page that is to be deleted has a history? That's
already in CVS.

Regards,

Erik
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 02:56:00PM +0200, Erik Moeller wrote:
> > Brion Vibber schrieb:
> >> Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
> >> bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
> >> Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
> >> last-user-name check to the rollback link.
>
> > Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
> > been edited?
>
> You mean a warning if a page that is to be deleted has a history? That's
> already in CVS.

I think a warning that the page that you are going to delete has been
edited since you read it might be useful.

JeLuF
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber schrieb:
> Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
> bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
> Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
> last-user-name check to the rollback link.

Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
been edited?

> And, the article count should
> now be running on the agreed-upon link-count instead of ugly old
> comma-count (this change has been in the code for a while, but is only
> now live).

And, how many more articles does the counter show? :-)

Kurt
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]

>>> Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
>>> been edited?
>>
>> You mean a warning if a page that is to be deleted has a history? That's
>> already in CVS.

> I think a warning that the page that you are going to delete has been
> edited since you read it might be useful.

Hmm. We could pass a revision timestamp to the delete function as an
argument. If the current revision is newer, a warning could be displayed.
Brion, what do you think?

Regards,

Erik
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
"Erik Moeller" skribis:

> > Brion Vibber schrieb:
> >> Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
> >> bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
> >> Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
> >> last-user-name check to the rollback link.
>
> > Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
> > been edited?
>
> You mean a warning if a page that is to be deleted has a history? That's
> already in CVS.

I don't know what Kurt means, but I think about a similar
check like the one for the rollback - "is the last edit the
same as it was when generating the remove-link"?

Paul
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
Erik Moeller schrieb:
>>Brion Vibber schrieb:
>>
>>>Now I know we're supposed to be in feature freeze, but I consider this a
>>>bug fix as it's been damn annoying. I've just checked in changes to
>>>Article.php, SpecialContributions.php, and Language.php to add a
>>>last-user-name check to the rollback link.
>
>>Cool. Could you please also add a check before deletion if a page has
>>been edited?
>
> You mean a warning if a page that is to be deleted has a history? That's
> already in CVS.

No, I ment a warning if a page has been edited between my last look at
it and the deletion. Like the edit conflict check.

Often people are motivated by the garbage someone entered to write a
real article. I don't want to delete it accidentally.

Kurt
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
I modified LanguageDe.php (in CVS) and included translations for the new
texts.

--
Smurf

smurf@AdamAnt.mud.de
------------------------- Anthill inside! ---------------------------
Re: Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
Paul Ebermann schrieb:

> I don't know what Kurt means

Sorry for my confusing grammar and for not being very eloquent :-)

Kurt
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]
> (Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com>):
>
> I've also taken the $wgDisableCounters check out of SiteStatsUpdate.php,

Why remove the functionality instead of simply setting
$wgDisableCounters to false?

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,
Re: Rollback fix (and counters) [ In reply to ]