Mailing List Archive

script shows up with IP address
Hi,

I am currently working on a small python library which allows reading and
writing articles. Among the features is an (semi)automatic detection of
copyright
violations.

When an article is written by the script, I remarked that the IP address of
my
machine shows up in the log. I would prefer it if my username shows up,
allowing everyone to contact me easily. Therefore my question: what
parameters do I have to send to /w/wiki.phtml in order to appear with my
username?

Any help with this would be very much appreciated,
thanks in advance,

Marco

P.S. Not sure this is the right list to ask this: could someone please
obscure the
emails in the list archives?
The problem is that by replying many people cite the full email address
which
shows up in the archive, e.g., see
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2003-April/009828.html for
an
example. I already have enough spam in my inbox :-(

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++