Mailing List Archive

User preferences changes
More guinea-pigging for the new server. :) Some slight changes
installed on the English wiki and put in CVS:

[X] Show preview before edit box and not after it
(default: on)

Not new, but it's now on by default, as requested by many people
and opposed by no one. Existing user accounts will keep whatever was
selected, so if you haven't turned it on, give it a try.

(While we're on the subject, may I propose moving the copyright/
license notice to come _before_ the save button so people will
actually be able to see it?)

[ ] Disable page caching
(default: off)

Changes the HTTP headers to tell your browser not to cache pages.
May help for those with oddly behaving proxies or to work around
some cache bugs temporarily. Most people should not need this; it's
just a workaround for those having problems. Anyone who tries it,
please let me know if it helps. Or if it doesn't :)

Server time is now: 07:20
Local time display: 07:20
Offset: 0
[ Fill in from browser ]

I've also added a JavaScript-based button to ask your browser for the
appropriate timezone offset, for those who may not be able to guess
from the now-displayed server time & currently selected local time
variant.

Tested in Mozilla and Konqueror.

I think we'll have to rewrite the preferences screen soon, it's a bit
cluttered. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: User preferences changes [ In reply to ]
Kurt Jansson wrote:
> Brion Vibber schrieb:
>> (While we're on the subject, may I propose moving the copyright/
>> license notice to come _before_ the save button so people will
>> actually be able to see it?)

> Please do this. Maybe with an option for logged in users to put the
> button above the notice, because it's a bit more comfortable.

Or much better: with an option to switch the copyright message of, for
users with more than 100 edit's or so ;)

--
Smurf

smurf@AdamAnt.mud.de
------------------------- Anthill inside! ---------------------------
Re: User preferences changes [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber schrieb:
> More guinea-pigging for the new server. :) Some slight changes
> installed on the English wiki and put in CVS:
>
> [X] Show preview before edit box and not after it
> (default: on)

Thanks Brion!

> (While we're on the subject, may I propose moving the copyright/
> license notice to come _before_ the save button so people will
> actually be able to see it?)

Please do this. Maybe with an option for logged in users to put the
button above the notice, because it's a bit more comfortable.

Kurt