Mailing List Archive

Mailing lists on ibiblio?
We don't want the servers on ibiblio, but how about the mailing lists?
Putting all your eggs in one casket .. basket .. is never a good idea, no?

Regards,

Erik
Re: Mailing lists on ibiblio? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 19:58, Erik Moeller wrote:
> We don't want the servers on ibiblio, but how about the mailing lists?
> Putting all your eggs in one casket .. basket .. is never a good idea, no?

As long as we can do this transparently (changing the MX record again
and/or making a mail.wikipedia.org alias so the @wikipedia.org addresses
don't need to be changed; and moving the existing subscriber base,
archives, etc to the new location), I'm all in favor.

A static-page mirror would also be awesome, but we haven't coded that up
yet. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)