Mailing List Archive

error when installing Wikipedia
Hi

I am installing wikipedia from scratch, am a newbie in php, and got the
latest version of the code (phase3). I also got an error, and was wondering
if I did something wrong, or if I needed to configure more, or run something
else before install.php.

I followed the steps of INSTALL, turned register_globals on, and got
following fatal error.
I am on RedHat 7.2, with apache 1.3.27, mysql 3.23.56 and php 4.3.1.

Anyone to help me?

Thanks

Nicolas

[root@localhost wiki]# php install.php
Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wiki" created.
Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wiki/upload" created.
Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wiki/style" created.
Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wiki/upload/tmp" created.
Copying files...

* * *
Warning! This script will completely erase the
existing database "wikidb" and all its contents.
Are you sure you want to do this? (yes/no) yes

You should have already created a root password for the database.
Enter the root password here:
Creating database...

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/wiki/User.php on line 287