Mailing List Archive

php notices
Hi!

It took me some time to understand: you MUST set the php configuration to
not include notices, otherwise the HTTP headers are not sent. Maybe this is
specific to my case, but it would seem that logging a notice (or an
error/warning) suffices for headers_sent to become true (and, I imagine,
further headers not to be sent)! Quite strange, a php bug???

If my interpretation is correct, I would suggest to indicate it somewhere
(readme), since php installation by default is with error_reporting=E_ALL.

Another consequence (I think) is that debugging with error_log,
trigger_error, and alike prevents the sending of headers if done before the
call to wgOut->output()...

Now, the good news : this solved my submit issue. In other words, if you
leave php notices, one of the visible symptoms is that submitting an edited
page yields a blank page (and this after some time).

So, many thanks for the advice!

Michel Mouly