Wikipedia does not work anymore.

There must be more websites who send direct query's to wikipedia and now do
not work anymore.

Is there anything that can be done?

--
Contact: giskart AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? WikipediaNL, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie
http://www.wikipedia.be
Re: search function on the English wikipedia [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 15:27, Giskart wrote:
> http://www.search.com/search?channel=19&cat=63
>
> On this page you can send a search query to several encyclopedia but
> Wikipedia does not work anymore.

That hasn't worked since at least January 2002. Some months ago I
discovered it and hacked up our URL-rewrite rules a bit to allow the old
UseMod search syntax, but their end still failed to parse our results
page and returned nothing. Presumably no one is interested enough in
this to have ever written them to fix it.

> There must be more websites who send direct query's to wikipedia and now do
> not work anymore.
>
> Is there anything that can be done?

We ought to have an RSS wrapper for the search engine which would be
friendlier to meta-searching than parsing a perhaps ever-changing web
layout.

Volunteers?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)