Mailing List Archive

[Announce-l] slight change to the announce-l list
I have made the ANNOUNCE-L list stop advertising itself on
http://www.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo. Also, I have added
wikitech-l and wikipedia-l as subscribers to the list.

To my knowledge (and from looking at the archives), this list has
never been used, except to discuss whether or not it should be used
for announcements. This being the case, I was getting tired of having
to discard the spam messages that come in on it. I'm hoping that
removing the list from those advertised on the listinfo pag, I will
reduce the amount of junk that comes in on the list.

This list was originally meant as THE place for wikipedia
announcements (software changes, policy changes, etc.). So, it only
makes sense that all lists that might be interested in such
information should be on the memberlist. Of course, none of this
matters unless poeple start using it.

I'm happy either way.

--
"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>