something had gone wrong, I re-uploaded the image, but without any change.
What is going on, and how can this be avoided?

Andre Engels
Re: Images not working [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:31:30PM +0100, Andre Engels wrote:
> Someone uploaded the image Beethoven_wiki.jpg from the English Wikipedia
> to the Dutch one under the name Beethoven.jpg; however, the image does not
> show; instead there is just a bit of text being the internal URL of the
> image (http://nl.wikipedia.org/upload/6/6f/Beethoven.jpg). Thinking
> something had gone wrong, I re-uploaded the image, but without any change.
> What is going on, and how can this be avoided?
>
> Andre Engels

I have also had a problem very similar to this. I was running Mozilla,
and uploaded a newer version of an old image. After I did that, it
would display in every other browser (IE, Chimera), but Mozilla would
just report the image as corrupted (if I tried to view it) or it would
just be missing from the page if it was inline. After killing the
Mozilla cache, it loaded just fine. Go figure - never seen that before.

--
Nick Reinking -- eschewing obfuscation since 1981 -- Minneapolis, MN