if there is a table all links (whether an article exits or not) are in blue.

Any clue as to what is happening?

Fred
Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 03:04:19 -0700, Fred Bauder
<fredbaud@ctelco.net> wrote:

> On Internet-Encyclopedia, for example at
>
> http://www.internet-encyclopedia.info/wiki/history
>
> if there is a table all links (whether an article exits or not) are in
> blue.
>
> Any clue as to what is happening?

It's probably browser specific. Some browsers (Netscape 4, IE 5) have bugs
where they don't inherit styles into tables. This can be overcome by
something like:
foo, TD foo {color:red;}
--
Richard Grevers
Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
Well, this is easily tested. Can anyone access the referenced page with a
browser that correctly shows red (most links are empty).

Fred

Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 06:41, Fred Bauder wrote:
> Well, this is easily tested. Can anyone access the referenced page with a
> browser that correctly shows red (most links are empty).

I'd love to, but:
Not Found
The requested URL /wiki/history was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at internet-encyclopedia.info Port 80

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
Ok, Try:

http://www.internet-encyclopedia.info/wiki.phtml?title=History

Thanks,

Fred

Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
Well, it does seem to be a netscape 4.x problem. IE works.

Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 14:20, Fred Bauder wrote:
> Ok, Try:
>
> http://www.internet-encyclopedia.info/wiki.phtml?title=History

Fine and dandy in Mozilla 1.3.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: Links Within a Table [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:20:31 -0700, Fred Bauder
<fredbaud@ctelco.net> wrote:

> Ok, Try:
>
> http://www.internet-encyclopedia.info/wiki.phtml?title=History

In opera, I sed red, I see red, I see red (apologies to Split Enz)
--
Richard Grevers