Rather than to the emergency fix-Wikipedia address, please send
correspondance about the software internals to the developers' list at
wikitech-l@wikipedia.org. (CC'd)

Also, if running a public server, please change the error message in
DatabaseFunctions.php to list an appropriate contact address. We won't be
very happy to get a dozen worried e-mails from random people that _your_
site is down, and it won't help inform you. :)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Timothy Taylor Moermond wrote:
> Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect
> <http://www.php.net/function.mysql-pconnect> ]: Access denied for user:
> 'wikiuser@localhost' (Using password: YES) in
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpwiki\newcodebase\DatabaseFunctions.php on line 26
> Could not connect to DB on 127.0.0.1

Is mysql set up correctly? Did you use the right password? Is the user set
up with appropriate access with the database? Is it named correctly? Did
you use maintnenance/wikiuser.sql with appropriate local changes to
configure the user for access to the database?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
RE: I am trying get this running on Windows XP [ In reply to ]
As far as I can tell MySql is running correctly. I have already setup
phpMySqlAdmin and created the users wikiuser and wikiadmin and gave them
permission to do anything with the wikidb. The createdb function in the
wiki newcodebase maintenance section seemed to create the database
without any problems. However whenever I try to launch wiki.phtml or
rebuild the database I get and error like the one below.

Sorry about the confusion on where I sent the problem, I used the link
in the error page. This is not a publicly available website. I will
change the contact information.

Thank you for your assistance.

Tim Moermond