Mailing List Archive

Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?)
Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote in
news:1047662753.8710.12.camel@frank.vibber.org:

> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 03:23, Pedro M.V. wrote:
>> What about include a counter to see when the peak hours happen ????.
>
> http://www.wikipedia.org/stats
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/stats
> etc
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Or http://nl.wikipedia.org/stats

Thanks Brion! I am very happy to get some real stats.

But the stop at 20 janauary...

--
Contact: giskart AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? WikipediaNL, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie
Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Giskart wrote:
> Or http://nl.wikipedia.org/stats
>
> Thanks Brion! I am very happy to get some real stats.
>
> But the stop at 20 janauary...

I'm currently running the updates, but it will take a while to go through
3 months of back logs. (Should go faster as the load lightens up...)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Giskart wrote:
> > Or http://nl.wikipedia.org/stats
> >
> > Thanks Brion! I am very happy to get some real stats.
> >
> > But the stop at 20 janauary...

Ok, NL stats are up to date. (Note: there are missing chunks from 21-24
January and 17-20 February. Logs from those days appear to be lost...?)

English stats will be a while yet. :D

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
--- Brion Vibber <vibber@aludra.usc.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Brion Vibber wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Giskart wrote:
> > > Or http://nl.wikipedia.org/stats
> > >
> > > Thanks Brion! I am very happy to get some real
> stats.
> > >
> > > But the stop at 20 janauary...
>
> Ok, NL stats are up to date. (Note: there are
> missing chunks from 21-24
> January and 17-20 February. Logs from those days
> appear to be lost...?)
>
> English stats will be a while yet. :D
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Maybe... *cough*... FR as well?

Anthere :-)

http://webhosting.yahoo.com
Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 19:23, Anthere wrote:
> Maybe... *cough*... FR as well?

Take a number, my dears, everyone will get their chance. ;)

Now up:
http://de.wikipedia.org/stats
http://fr.wikipedia.org/stats

Generating:
http://pl.wikipedia.org/stats

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber <vibber@aludra.usc.edu> wrote in

> Ok, NL stats are up to date. (Note: there are missing chunks from 21-24
> January and 17-20 February. Logs from those days appear to be lost...?)

Thanks. Have you/can you/will you set it up so the stats are updateted
automaticly every x hours / x days ?

Re: Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 11:11, Giskart wrote:
> Brion Vibber <vibber@aludra.usc.edu> wrote in
> > Ok, NL stats are up to date. (Note: there are missing chunks from 21-24
> > January and 17-20 February. Logs from those days appear to be lost...?)
>
> Thanks. Have you/can you/will you set it up so the stats are updateted
> automaticly every x hours / x days ?

Assuming I haven't screwed it up ;) it should be rotating the logs and
updating the stats every night from here out.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]
--- Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 11:11, Giskart wrote:
> > Brion Vibber <vibber@aludra.usc.edu> wrote in
> > > Ok, NL stats are up to date. (Note: there are
> missing chunks from 21-24
> > > January and 17-20 February. Logs from those days
> appear to be lost...?)
> >
> > Thanks. Have you/can you/will you set it up so the
> stats are updateted
> > automaticly every x hours / x days ?
>
> Assuming I haven't screwed it up ;) it should be
> rotating the logs and
> updating the stats every night from here out.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

he, forgot to thank you Brion !

These are very interesting

Btw, in terms of statistics, it is very unfortunate
you had to disconnect the counter on the articles on
the en wiki. This is maybe one of the most important
one. It would nice on day, that for each article, we
have stats on the number of access per month or
week...might be interesting to "feel" which parts of
the encyclopedia are badly in need to be improved. No ?

http://platinum.yahoo.com
Re: Re: Real stats! (Re: what's going on with wikipedia ?) [ In reply to ]

> Assuming I haven't screwed it up ;) it should be rotating the logs
> and updating the stats every night from here out.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

It does not seems to work for nl.wikipedia.org/stats last update 18th

And for FR and EN the stats for 19th and 20th are lost.