* \ddots supported

Please update test.wikipedia.org, and if no bugs are found in
the next few days, update all Wikipedias.
Re: New texvc [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 08:17, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Database format, format of communication between PHP and texvc and
> PHP code is not touched. Upgrade shouldn't bring any problems.
> Please update test.wikipedia.org,

Done, please test.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: New texvc [ In reply to ]
--- Tomasz Wegrzanowski <taw@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Changes:
> * cases envinonment supported
> * \left and \right must be followed by delimiters, and must balance.
> It could generate some parse errors on previously accepted
> input. It could happen in two cases:
> * this input was invalid latex anyway
> * some valid delimiters is not on texvc's list
> * \big \bigg \Big \Bigg supported (they must be followed by
> delimiters)
> * \ddots supported

Thanks, that is very much appreciated. A couple of things:

* [ and ] don't work with \Big; they work with \left/\right though. The
synonyms \lbrack and \rbrack should be supported.
* the input <math>\Bigg\mid abc \Bigg\mid</math> returns the same text,
without any TeX rendering.
* the absolute value symbol doesn't work after \left or \big, neither
in the form | nor in the form \vert (which should be supported).

I would still wish for an eqnarray* environment, to break long lines of
equations into separate lines.

Axel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Re: New texvc [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:30:34PM -0800, Axel Boldt wrote:
> --- Tomasz Wegrzanowski <taw@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Changes:
> > * cases envinonment supported
> > * \left and \right must be followed by delimiters, and must balance.
> > It could generate some parse errors on previously accepted
> > input. It could happen in two cases:
> > * this input was invalid latex anyway
> > * some valid delimiters is not on texvc's list
> > * \big \bigg \Big \Bigg supported (they must be followed by
> > delimiters)
> > * \ddots supported
>
> Thanks, that is very much appreciated. A couple of things:
>
> * [ and ] don't work with \Big; they work with \left/\right though. The
> synonyms \lbrack and \rbrack should be supported.
> * the input <math>\Bigg\mid abc \Bigg\mid</math> returns the same text,
> without any TeX rendering.
> * the absolute value symbol doesn't work after \left or \big, neither
> in the form | nor in the form \vert (which should be supported).

All fixed. \Big [ in fact worked, it's just ] what is magical
(support for optional arguments in tex requires some magic,
I just forgot to cast proper spells on \Big)

\Bigg \mid throws syntax error now (what you saw was
IMG alt text - texvc accepted it thinking \mid is a delimiter,
while tex rejected it).

> I would still wish for an eqnarray* environment, to break long lines of
> equations into separate lines.

You mean something like {matrix} but with left alignment instead
of centering or more than that ?

----
Brion, please apply that patch.
Oh, and there's no need to copy texvc_test to all w/math/ directories.
It shouldn't even be built by default.
Re: New texvc [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Brion, please apply that patch.

New patch is on test.wikipedia.org and in CVS. Ready to install on
production wikis when you say the word.

> Oh, and there's no need to copy texvc_test to all w/math/ directories.
> It shouldn't even be built by default.

Okay, thanks. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: New texvc [ In reply to ]
--- Tomasz Wegrzanowski <taw@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:30:34PM -0800, Axel Boldt wrote:

> > I would still wish for an eqnarray* environment, to break
> > long lines of equations into separate lines.

> You mean something like {matrix} but with left alignment instead
> of centering or more than that ?

Yes, and it should also use the larger display style rather than the
inline style for formulas, which makes a difference when you have
integrals, sums and limits.

In LaTeX it's called \begin{eqnarray*}...\end{eqnarray*} and in
AmsLaTeX they have \begin{align*}...\end{align*}. They're almost
identical, so if you support one you may as well throw in the other for
the same price. Syntax is the same as the matrix environment. The stars
are there because we don't want equation numbers.

Axel