versions.

Cheers
Leonard
Re: Install problem [ In reply to ]
It would help to diagnose the problem if you can provide a more detailed
description of the problem. If there are any error messages (in the page
or in the logs), please copy them in their entirety...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Re: Install problem [ In reply to ]
So, my mail-client crashed, so I'm writing this a second time

I do not get a lot of debugging output. If you can help me turn on more
debugging please tell me what to do.
I did the following things in LocalSettings.php:

$wgDebugComments = true;
$wgDebugLogFile = "$wgUploadDirectory/logfile";

the logfile looks like this

20030311154840 0000.219
/admin/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Hauptseite&action=edit (proxied via xxx
forwarded for 192.168.0.24)
20030311154843 0000.220
/admin/wiki/wiki.phtml?title=Hauptseite&action=submit (proxied via xxx
forwarded for 192.168.0.24)
(xxx is the firewall)

When I press the submit-botton on the edit form, I am still in the edit
mode, so It doesn't exit to the normal startpage.
Preview mode seems to work, so I still suspect PHP to be the wrong version.
HTML Debugging shows:

<!-- Wiki debugging output:
-->

So not really much info there.
Can anybody tell me if updating PHP would fix this. I need a definitve yes
to persuade the server maintainer to do this.
If you can help me with further debugging, feel free to mail me.

Cheers
Leo