Mailing List Archive

wikipedia setup issue.
I've setup localsettings.php and createdb.php to use the correct
database but I continue recieving the following message.

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in
/home/tobin/public_html/LocalSettings.php on line 10
Creating new tables. Could not select database
No Database Selected (tried non-p connect)

If this error persists after reloading and clearing your browser cache,
please notify the Wikipedia developers."

Server Information:
Operating System Linux
Kernel Version 2.4.7-10
Last Reboot 19days, 22:22min
Apache Version 1.3.27 (Unix)
Perl Version 5.006001
Perl Path /usr/bin/perl
Sendmail Path /usr/sbin/sendmail
Perl Modules Click to View
PHP Version 4.2.2
MySQL Version 3.23.54
cPanel Version 6.0.0-EDGE
cPanel Build 56
cPanel Theme cPanel X v1.4

Thanks in advance
Tobin Richard
Re: wikipedia setup issue. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Tobin Richard wrote:
> I've setup localsettings.php and createdb.php to use the correct
> database but I continue recieving the following message.
>
> "Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in
> /home/tobin/public_html/LocalSettings.php on line 10
> Creating new tables. Could not select database
> No Database Selected (tried non-p connect)

Make sure the username & password settings are correct, and that you've
set up the user permissins on MySQL. Modify and run buildUsers.inc
appropriately.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: wikipedia setup issue. [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Tobin Richard wrote:
>
>>I've setup localsettings.php and createdb.php to use the correct
>>database but I continue recieving the following message.
>>
>>"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in
>>/home/tobin/public_html/LocalSettings.php on line 10
>>Creating new tables. Could not select database
>>No Database Selected (tried non-p connect)
>

> Make sure the username & password settings are correct, and that you've
> set up the user permissins on MySQL. Modify and run buildUsers.inc
> appropriately.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Fixed now. turned out the user names existed but they didn't have
permission to access the database (setting up MySQL through my webhosts
frontend is not much fun! :)

Now I just need to get PHP warnings and notices turned off and
everything will be working well.

Tobin Richard.