In any case, the "see more in wikipedia" redirection can be add to, although the wikionary word it´s not empty ( to get more information from the encyclopedia about the word searched and found in the dictionary ).

This is, strong and embedded interwiki links.

Regards.
Re: Wiktionary [ In reply to ]
Pedro M.V. wrote:

>I suggest an "empty redirection".
>
>When you look for a word in the dictionary,the wiktionary ( I suggest change the name to wikionary, more easy for all languages ) (i.e. domobot ) and appears the message No matches ( No article title matches and No article text matches), the wiktionary redirects automatically to the wikipedia article (i.e. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/domobot ).
>
>This is the "empty redirection".
>
>In any case, the "see more in wikipedia" redirection can be add to, although the wikionary word it´s not empty ( to get more information from the encyclopedia about the word searched and found in the dictionary ).
>
>This is, strong and embedded interwiki links.

I suspect that "wikionary" would be more of a problem for people than
"wiktionary" if their language is one that has a "t" in dictionary.
Nevertheless, I can see the problem for a Spanish speaking person who
uses a "diccionario". The Spanish language version will not need to
have exactly the same name as the English Wiktionary. There is already
prcedent for this in Wkikpedia.

The links to Wikipedia for more information are surely a good idea if
Wikipedia already has an article, but empty redirection would create an
entirely different set of new problems. Using your example of "domobot"
it would make access to Wiktionary's "domobot" more difficult for the
person who wants to write a dictionary entry for ways. There are ways
around it, but I wouldn't expect a newcomer to know that.

Eclecticology
Re: Wiktionary [ In reply to ]
>I suspect that "wikionary" would be more of a problem for people than
"wiktionary" if their language is one that has a "t" in dictionary.

It´s to remark the WIKI prefix. And it´s not cacaphonic.

>Nevertheless, I can see the problem for a Spanish speaking person who
uses a "diccionario". The Spanish language version will not need to
have exactly the same name as the English Wiktionary. There is already
prcedent for this in Wkikpedia.

From time to time we can see another languages like neutral esperanto. It´s a common point of contact ;)

For me the more easy would be "Wiccionario" or more spanished : "viccionario".

>The links to Wikipedia for more information are surely a good idea if
Wikipedia already has an article, but empty redirection would create an
entirely different set of new problems. Using your example of "domobot"
it would make access to Wiktionary's "domobot" more difficult for the
person who wants to write a dictionary entry for ways. There are ways
around it, but I wouldn't expect a newcomer to know that.

For a newcomer would appear :

"This entry is empty in wiktionary. You can create it or see the encyclopedia article [[en:domobot]].

Talking about languages in wiktionary. It will be dificult include wiktionary´s versions in another languages. If you include the general wikipedia way do it, one would include

Car :
[[es:coche]] but it links to wikipedia article, not to spanish wiktionary ( nor one can create it in the future, this way ).

In wiktionary [[es:coche]] would link to entry "coche" in wiktionary, not to entry "coche" in wikipedia.

Regards.

P.S. : for me it´s more and more difficult enter in www.wikipedia.org ( too much users ??). My web-browser says the server is unreachable.