Some minor things got wrong with new version of texvc.
Here are fixes.

Already installed on test.
Re: two small patches to texvc code [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2003-01-29 at 22:29, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Some minor things got wrong with new version of texvc.
> Here are fixes.

Before I forget it again, do we have a working solution for the
15-byte-hash problem? It's still striking (see [[en:Talk:Ellipse]] for
latest example.)

If nothing else, storing the hash as a hex string instead of binary
ought to do it, but that seems inelegant.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: two small patches to texvc code [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:39:00PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On mer, 2003-01-29 at 22:29, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > Some minor things got wrong with new version of texvc.
> > Here are fixes.
>
> Before I forget it again, do we have a working solution for the
> 15-byte-hash problem? It's still striking (see [[en:Talk:Ellipse]] for
> latest example.)
>
> If nothing else, storing the hash as a hex string instead of binary
> ought to do it, but that seems inelegant.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

I didn't code anything about that.

As far as I understand it just strips trailing spaces, so we can simply
append 16-lenght(md5) bytes of " " to whatever database returns.
Even easier thing would be to unpack (md5 ." ")
instead of just md5 (first 16 bytes will be used only).
Re: two small patches to texvc code [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2003-01-29 at 22:53, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> As far as I understand it just strips trailing spaces, so we can simply
> append 16-lenght(md5) bytes of " " to whatever database returns.
> Even easier thing would be to unpack (md5 ." ")
> instead of just md5 (first 16 bytes will be used only).

Great, that seems to fix it so far; the previously broken revisions of
[[Ellipse]] and [[Feigenbaum constant]] seem to load (and reload!) okay.

So, are the rest of the updates sufficiently tested that I should
install it?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: two small patches to texvc code [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:08:36PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On mer, 2003-01-29 at 22:53, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > As far as I understand it just strips trailing spaces, so we can simply
> > append 16-lenght(md5) bytes of " " to whatever database returns.
> > Even easier thing would be to unpack (md5 ." ")
> > instead of just md5 (first 16 bytes will be used only).
>
> Great, that seems to fix it so far; the previously broken revisions of
> [[Ellipse]] and [[Feigenbaum constant]] seem to load (and reload!) okay.
>
> So, are the rest of the updates sufficiently tested that I should
> install it?

Yes.
Re: two small patches to texvc code [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2003-01-29 at 22:29, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Some minor things got wrong with new version of texvc.
> Here are fixes.
>
> Already installed on test.

Okay, I've put the updates into CVS and installed them on the test and
English wikis so far. Seems to run. :) Tomasz, please double-check
LanguagePl.php and OutputPage.php to make sure everything got integrated
correctly.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)