http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=588072&group_id=343
73&atid=411195

ie, to show orphans not linked from the article namespace only, therefore
ignoring links from talk: user: wikipedia: etc.

This would be a very handy feature for ferreting out those articles that sit
hidden away.

Cheers,
Aldie
Re: Orphans page modification [ In reply to ]
Aldie wrote:

>Back on the 29th of July Koyaanis Qatsi requested modifications to the
>Orphans page as per:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=588072&group_id=343
>73&atid=411195
>
>ie, to show orphans not linked from the article namespace only, therefore
>ignoring links from talk: user: wikipedia: etc.

Ah, but wikipedia: contains the disambiguation links! Hundreds, if not
thousands, of links would show up as orphans, but they'd be merely
disambiguation pages, which *should* be orphans.

>This would be a very handy feature for ferreting out those articles that sit
>hidden away.

There are more than 300 of them already on the orphans list (last time I
checked, after I brought the number down from ~500). Why don't you start
with these? Once they're down to, say, 20, we can talk about this again ;-)

Magnus