Mailing List Archive

InnoDB tables
I've switched test.wikipedia.org to use InnoDB tables (the ones with
row-level locking and transactions). This requires breaking the columns
for the search index out to a separate table, since the fulltext index
is only supported on MyISAM tables. I've set up an 'innodb' branch in
the cvs which contains these changes.

Please check it out; there are probably some cases remaining where
consistency isn't maintained.

Once that's all running smoothly, we can worry about things like
commit/rollback. (There are probably all kinds of fun race conditions in
the various updates that are made on separate tables during page
creation, edit, and renaming, which we currently have no protection
for.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)