Mailing List Archive

RE: [Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] What kind of moderation?
Can we do the following?

(A) Automatically send EVERY wikiEN-l post to the newsgroup
(B) Still filter the mailing list according to Jimbo's moderation plan?

Ed Poor
Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] What kind of moderation? [ In reply to ]
Poor, Edmund W heeft geschreven:
> Can we do the following?
>
> (A) Automatically send EVERY wikiEN-l post to the newsgroup
> (B) Still filter the mailing list according to Jimbo's moderation plan?
>
> Ed Poor

I have done a test and it is possibel to send a message only to the
newsgroup and not to the email subcribed list members.

See the posting "Test for Ed" on
gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical

How to do it;
The message must be hold for approval.
Do not approve the message, select something else, like discard.
You have the option "Additionally, forward this message to:" and fill
there in the list member emailadress from Gmane.org (see Membership
Management)

And send it. Only the newsgroup will recieve it. Of cource, if somebody
send a reply from the newgroup everbody will see it.

So it is possibel. If it is a good idea is something else.

To do this WikiEN-l must be add to gmane. You are the list
administrator. My I add wikiEN-l to gmane?

Giskart
RE: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] What kind of moderation? [ In reply to ]
Hi.

Thanks for running the test, but the answer really isn't up to me.

1. Although I am an administrator of wikiEN-l I don't make policy. I only carry out the will of the group.

2. I am going on vacation until Jan. 2, 2003 -- so I won't be around to make this happen!

I forwarded your post below, to wikiEN-l but that will be my last contact with the Internet for the rest of the year!!

Thus I cast off the spell of virtual reality and return the real world.

"Poof!"

Ed Poor