Mailing List Archive

needed; explanation of other-language wikipedias
I'm still working on my long-term redesign of the Wiki software (planned
to be an Apache module written in C, with PostgreSQL as the backend).

I notice the two letter country codes, with a colon, prefix articles in
the wikipedias for other languages.

Are these namespaces, or are they parsed specially by the php to get
redirected to a different URL, which is a totally different wikipedia in
it's own right?

I guess that's another table to create:

CREATE TABLE wikipedias (
language_code byte(2),
url_prefix text
);

INSERT INTO wikipedias VALUES ("eo", "http://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/");

Of course this table would be accessed only once, when the Apache module
gets initialized. Would make it easier to add web based editing too.

Jonathan

--
Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone: 604-435-1205
Email: djw@reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5R2W2