----- Forwarded message from "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor@abc.com> -----

From: "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor@abc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:10:04 -0500
To: "Jimmy Wales" <jwales@bomis.com>

I used to be a Network Administrator for a company with 300 seats, plus as a software developer I had admin rights to all the company's MS SQL Server databases. Unclogging the network and resolving database gridlock were 2 areas I excelled in there.

If you'd like to give me developer access, I could take a look around and try to see what keeps slowing us down. I guess it's a lot of different things, many of which Brion has already identified.

But the fact that restarting the machine always speeds thing up again indicates the probable presence of one or more as-yet unidentified problems.

Of course, as a "developer" I would be ever scrupulous about the "rules" -- I would absolutely not use developer rights to, say, win a POV battle or unilaterally ban an obnoxious user.

Ed Poor
"Opinions and proposals expressed in this letter are mine personally, and are unrelated to any aims or policies of my employer."

----- End forwarded message -----
Re: [Edmund.W.Poor@abc.com: ] [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 08:19, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Could someone make Ed Poor an account, and transmit a password to him
> in some secure fashion. PGP would be good, but if that's not possible,
> a telephone call would be fine, too.

Ed is now accounted for.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)